Sunday, March 7, 2010

Oscar Blog #1

I am about to start up my DVR to watch the ever so popular Academy Awards. I probably should Wikipedia why they call the award “Oscar”. However, for now, I will believe that the award is called “Oscar” because the people who don’t win it will become grouches. I’d say there is a 42% chance that I am correct on this one.

Steve Martin and Alec Baldwin host. That should be exciting. Both guys can be legitimately funny and will probably play off one another quite effectively. They won’t be as awesome as Neil Patrick Harris was with the Emmy awards last fall, but they will rock none the less.

I decided to forgo predictions this year. I didn’t see a lot of the movies. Of the Best Picture nominees I have seen Avatar, Up in the Air, The Hurt Locker, Up, District Nine, and Inglorious Basterds. I haven’t seen four of them. All I do know is that I will be upset if Avatar wins Best Picture. It was a good movie, but The Hurt Locker was far and away the more effective film.

Let’s hit the play button on the DVR!

No comments:

Post a Comment