Sunday, February 28, 2010

Hopes and dreams are shattering apart and crashing to the groud.....

February is over. That is a relief. Nobody likes February anyway. It is the redheaded step child of all the months. It isn’t even really a month. There aren’t even 30 days. How does that count? Not to mention that it is generally the most bitter and cold month of the year here in Wisconsin. The month of March is the start in the right direction. Spring is coming. The days are getting longer. Baseball is on the way. Let’s say goodbye to this depressing winter.

March won’t make life any less stressful for me, but that isn’t a surprise to me. The next several months are going to be my own doing. I have some goals to accomplish, both at work and in my personal life, that are going to make my blood boil at times. Frustration will stack up like a plate of flapjacks at an IHOP. However, in this case, it won’t be topped off with whipped cream and syrup, figuratively speaking. I am going to have to finish my main entrée and get desert as my reward.

Yeah, I do know that I was vague. Sometimes a guy just needs to type things out so he better understands them for himself. If you are close to me, you know what’s going on. If you don’t know what is going on with me, but think you should, well then, you aren’t as close as you think you are. No need to be offended. We all have that going on in our lives. Shit is happening and not everyone is going to know about it.

I slept for nine hours last night. It was fantastic. One of the best feelings in a while. It definitely put a charge on the proverbial batteries. I assume that I’ll be going into work with a smile on my face and a foot ready to kick some ass. That doesn’t happen often for me. Generally I am a miserable mess whenever I step into my cube. It is like a small prison made of push-pin ready walls. Then once the day starts, the florescent lights beam down on me with the heat and intensity of an interrogation room. Call after call and I am being grilled any number of health care debacles. It is an inconvenient time to be working in the health insurance industry. People are pissed off and the first person they get on the phone is going to be villainized.

It is a daunting existence when you are seen as the villain while all you have ever wanted to be is the hero.

No comments:

Post a Comment